Kindly be notified that, the BUSINESS REGISTRATIONS AND LICENSING AGENCY (BRELA) requires all companies and business names to be uploaded on the Online Registration System (ORS). BRELA have set a 90-Day deadline that commenced on 27th September 2019.
BRELA has highlighted the following requirements and procedures for the update exercise.
- National Identification Number (NIN) that will help applicant or agent to create a BRELA account.
- If the application is made by the company, then Tax Identification Number (TIN) for each Director is mandatory.
- Applicants should review their information and ensure them to be legally and technically correct.
- Applicants should fill out a “Consolidated Form” in the ORS system and upload any information that will be required such as Annual returns, or any changes that have occurred in the Company and were not previously provided.
- The next step will be to upload the signed document which were mentioned above i.e. the Consolidated Form and Annual Returns.
- Upon uploading the document, BRELA will verify the legality of the documents and issue/prepare an Invoice for payment which will be done via a bank account or through mobile money. This symbolizes completion of the process on the part of the applicant.
- Should an applicant receive instructions for corrections, they are advised to strictly comply. This includes attaching the relevant documents. This is especially so for companies that have undergone numerous changes over the years. Applicants are advised not to repeat the same errors nor create new errors after they have received specific instructions to rectify their applications.
BRELA reminds applicants to submit information that is consistent with the ones available at the registry. Further it is advisable to use qualified experts who have enough understanding on the rules and various requirements of the registry. Users of the ORS accounts are cautioned to keep their log-in credentials private.
For any clarifications on the above you may reach us via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org